Today is April 8th, 2010, which is the official One Day Without Shoes event. The project was started by TOMS shoes, an organization that gives one pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair sold. My sister and I, as well as millions of other people, went barefoot today to help spread the word about Toms and the good they're doing.
It is a wonderful organization that I am proud to support. The point of ODWS was not to brag about how you went an entire day barefoot, or to strut around acting "cool" for not wearing shoes. The point was to show the world that we are ready to help the children in an way we can. I wish I had gone somewhere today, so that when people asked me "Why aren't you wearing shoes?", I could have told them about Toms Shoes and possibly given one more child a pair of shoes. If you participated in ODWS, I am so happy you did. This project was a simple way to use our great community for good. The tweets, facebook statuses, dailybooths, and YouTube videos promoting the event and showing how each individual were participating are proof: We rock!
You can bet your life savings that my next pair of shoes are going to be Toms.
I went barefoot. Did you?
<3
(To learn more about Toms, visit toms.com)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment