Hi there, blog, it's been a while, no? I think I'll just fill you in on my life currently. That's pretty much the reason I started this blog. To have something to look back on in a few years and remember what it was like way back when. So, this is the story of my life, right now. Let's go.
Last weekend was absolutely amazing. It was crazy, busy, and nervewracking. I had a whole hecka of a lot of fun. On Friday, I attempted to go to the mall. Halfway there, our car broke down. After many failed attempts at starting it, we called my dad to come rescue us. My brother and I took a little walk to McDonalds, where I got my second caramel frappe. (my new ADDICTION; sew gewd!)Finally after nearly an hour of iced coffee drinking/ "im going on a picnic" games with versions like Disney movies and Harry Potter characters, my dad finally arrived. He managed to get the car started, but a few blocks away, we broke down again. With the hood smoking, we figured it was about time to stop driving that car. Luckily, one of our very kind church friends was our saviour and drove us to another church family-friend's house. There, all 9 of us piled into their mini-van and we drove to our church for the annual Game Night. After a fun night of Bunco, Wii, and just plain fun, plus delicious desserts, we cleaned up and drove home. Our extremely generous friends let us keep their van overnight. Basically, it was a stressful evening, but with the kindness of the peple around us, it turned out fine. Now, I turned apprehensively to the next day. I felt like I'd never get all the places I needed to be with no car. Nevertheless, we made it work.
On Saturday I woke up much later than I'd planned. Feeling stressed and overwhelmed, I cried for nearly a half hour, before jumping into the shower and coming to my senses. I could mope through this weekend, or I could make the most out of these exciting experiences ahead of me. A few hours later, all dolled up with curly hair, makeup, and fancy dress, my mom and I once again took advantage of our friend Lou's huge generosity. We set off to pick up my friend Meghan and headed to my best friend Melissa's church for her quincenera service. It was beautiful, as was she. My mom even cried. Even though the service was almost entirely in Spanish, I still understood the love and meaning of this event. It was important to me to be there for my best friend as she had this huge moment in her life. I love her so much, and to see her so happy in her big white dress was very rewarding for me. Lissa, I couldn't be more excited and happy to have you as a Best Friend. You're the world <333
After dropping Meghan off at our friend April's house, we continued home. We said goodbye to Lou for a short hour so I could change into full costume (ugh) for final dance competition practice. Two exhausting hours later, I was ready to go back home and change right back into my dress and go to Melissa's reception. We stayed for a few hours and then had to head home so I could get some sleep before Competition the next day. I didn't get to sleep until 12. Sigh. :)
The next morning began one of the most interesting, fun, nervewracking days of my life. After getting ready (curling hair, heavy makeup, bodytights, fishnets, costume, packing bag, etc)I was finally ready to embark on my first Dance Competition. I had no idea what to expect. Upon arriving at the I LOVE DANCE competition, I was soo nervous. We were #66, which was soon, considering our division started around 50. Backstage was controlled mayhem. Monica had a minor costume malfunction, but all was mended with a quick safety pin. My dance-mates and I were very anxious because this was our first competition, and we were competing against girls that had done this their whole lives. The floor was a little slippery, Marissa tripped coming out of her assisted cartwheel, and our smiles drooped a little, but overall we did fantastic. Our taps had never been more together, we looked great,and coming off the stage I had a giddy sensation in my stomach. Turns out, I love performing. The judges were intimidating, but soon I got over it. We watched many other dances, then my famiy and I went out to eat at Carrabbas. This was that hardest part of the day because my dad made me wear the costume under my warmups, so i was extremely hot, uncomfortable, tired, and crabby. My headache was enormous. As soon as we got back to the competition though, it all melted away. I joined the other girls in the middle of the floor and together, my friends and I awaited the awards show. I am proud to announce that everyone at my studio got a second place rosette or first place trophy for each of their dances. As for our dance, Jordan and I were proud to accept our very first FIRST PLACE TROPHY!! I was so proud of us. All our hard work in the studio had paid off. You can bet that Monica, Marissa, Jordan and I will be back in two years, better than ever.
Huge thanks to my dance teachers for their amazing encouragement and teaching. Cassie, Michelle, Kim, and Caty: I <3 you!
After a long weekend, I was so happy to fall in my bed. I admit this is my first real time on the internet since last Thursday. That was 8 days ago! For me, that's a hellofa long time. It was refreshing. This weekend looks just as full & fun, so I'll fill you in later. I'm tired of writing now, so I'll catch ya later. Thanks for playing! :)
<3
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment